07 June 2013

Columbia California

IMG_4030
California- being the state to the very west of the US has an incredibly rich history. It is really fascinating since it was known for gold and cowboys before Hollywood even became a thing. I'm really happy that I live in California- not because of its history, but, instead because of the culture created from its history. I sometimes find myself amused of the very simple things in my surroundings (endless view of plains, almond plantations, cows, horses, and most of all cowboys!)
Even though I've lived here for 6 years now, I still continue to learn so much about this state and continue to discover fantastic and adorable places that are not very known to tourists. A few weeks ago...yes, i've been slacking... my family and I went to Columbia California. It has a little park with preserved buildings dating back to 1850s during the Gold Rush to California. Columbia was an actual town in which the miners stayed and mined for gold. there are still gold there and they have this little place where you can pan your own gold! I definitely enjoyed my time there!
IMG_4034
IMG_4053
IMG_4040

2 comments:

  1. That's kind of next to Placerville, right? I looove Placerville. I've never been to Columbia but it looks gorgeous there. Love your outfit oo :)

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's about an hour away.. but yes it's by the mountains!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog! i read all the comments so feel free to share your thoughts!!!!
If you want me to follow back, just tell me, I'll be happy to do so! :))
Thank you!