29 July 2012

BLOG: Jean Paul Gaultier Exhibit

i went to the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit at the De Young museum in San Francsisco! finally!
it was divine and in every sense, EXCELLENT.

you can see how in his first creations, he obsessed, and i mean OBSESSED, with cone bras.
then his pieces explore the art of the human body, then human pleasures, included in the dark side of human's psyche-- the ID. And then inspirations from all other ethnic groups (my favorite part), and the streets of the modern era.

 it's very appropriate to put this on my blog, since this exhibit illustrates the hedonistic drives of human beings so well...my blog is not about THAT kind of hedonist drives, really.
anyway, just let the pictures speak to you!

or if you literally want those mannequins to speak to you, go to the show!!!! you won't regret it.



MORE UHH-MAZING PICTURES AFTER THE BREAK.











14 comments:

  1. great works, thanks for sharing the pictures! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome exhibition right? Jean Paul Gaultier rocks! I'm following

    Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird & wonderful! xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post: I like these pictures so much!!
    What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sick outfit! But, I don't think I'll wear it in public hahaha.


    Hey btw, I looked through your old post **your drawings** and I'm in love! Man, you are so good at it!! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!

    I whish I could visit that exhibition!



    http://style-chameleon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another proof fashion is a form of art! This is amazing! you're lucky to visit1 Wish I could as well!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is kinda creepy in some way, but absolutely genius! i love the illustration and the philosophy behind every designs.



    WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog! i read all the comments so feel free to share your thoughts!!!!
If you want me to follow back, just tell me, I'll be happy to do so! :))
Thank you!